Remfry House at the Millennium Plaza,
Sector 27, Gurugram – 122 009,
New Delhi National Capital Region
+91 124 280 6100
Areas of Expertise
Samta is a seasoned IP attorney with over two decades of professional experience. A large part of her practice focuses on trademark laws and she is well-recognized in this domain for crafting effective protection strategies and her portfolio management abilities. Her expertise is especially strong when it comes to handling international registrations under the Madrid system, protecting non-traditional trademarks and assisting with the transfer and licensing of rights. She represents clients across a range of industries including the automotive, engineering, fashion and medical sectors.
Samta is currently chair of INTA’s Non-Traditional Marks South Asia subcommittee. She has previously served as cochair of INTA’s India Global Advisory Council; subcommittee chair of INTA’s Trademark Office Practices Committee (TOPC) for India and INTA’s Non-Traditional Marks subcommittee for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region. She is actively involved in MARQUES (Member of its Famous and Well known Marks committee) and the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG) as well. With her wide-ranging expertise, she also works with the Trade Marks Office in shaping issues of policy and procedure. She also leads the industrial designs practice at the Firm – representing clients across a range of industries. Samta is also very well placed to advise clients on securing trademark registrations in jurisdictions outside India.
In recognition of her contributions, she has received several awards and accolades over the years. These include:
• ‘Top 250 Women in IP’ – Managing Intellectual Property magazine: 2019, 2020
• 'IP STAR' - Managing Intellectual Property magazine: 2019, 2020, 2021
• ‘Silver Band (Individuals: Prosecution & Strategy)’: 2020-21; ‘Bronze Band (Individuals: Prosecution & Strategy)’: 2017- 19 - WTR 1000 (the world’s leading trademark professionals)
• 'Global Elite Thought Leader: Trademarks' - Who's Who Legal 2021; 'Global Leader: Trademarks' - Who's Who Legal 2020
•‘IP Expert: Trademarks’ – Asia IP 2021
• Recognised as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ for Intellectual Property - Asialaw Profiles: 2016-19