FIRST CHANNEL BUILDING, PLOT NO 17A,
SECTOR 16A, FILMCITY
Areas of Expertise
Dhruv Anand’s work covers a wide array of cases from luxury brands and FMCG to pharma and life sciences, including copyright enforcement. With a career spanning over 15 years, he has been involved in significant IP matters including the Amitabh Bachchan personality rights matter, enforcing the moral rights of a famous sculptor, representing copyright societies and being involved in the historic agreement between ISRA (Indian Singers Rights Association) and the Indian Music Industry, which has enabled singers and various music labels to settle all claims on royalty payments due to singers.
Dhruv has been instrumental in enforcing and upholding the patent rights of many pharmaceutical companies, including Bayer, Merck, Pharmacyclics and Eisai, whose cases have involved a wide spectrum of complex patent law principles.
Dhruv is an exclusive India contributor for many prestigious multijurisdictional practice area guides including – Copyright Throughout the World by Silke von Lewinski and Halsbury’s Laws of India. Called to the bar in 2006, Dhruv primarily practises before the Delhi High Court.
• INTA Working Group on Unconventional Trademarks
• Standing Committee of AIPPI for IT and Internet
• BASCAP India Working Group
• Asian Coalition against Counterfeiting and Piracy (ACACAP)
• Recognized as a key lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2022
• Leaders League Leading Lawyer in Patents 2022
• BW Business World 40 under 40 (2021)
• ASSOCHAM IP Excellence Award -Rising Star of the Year 2021
• Recognized amongst world’s leading Patent Practitioners by IAM 1000
• Recognized amongst 40 under 40 Lawyers by Asian Legal Business
• Recognized amongst Future Legal Leaders by India Business Law Journal
• Recognized amongst 40 under 40 Lawyers by Legal Era
• AsiaIP IP Expert