Areas of Expertise
Patents, Pharma & Biotech
Archana Shanker, Senior Partner at Anand and Anand, heads the firm's Patents and Design practice. She has over 25 years of experience in patents Prosecution, strategy and designs across all technical domains. She has been ranked as one of the Most Powerful Woman in Law by World IP Forum, one of the Top Woman IP Practitioners by Managing Intellectual Property, Experts Guide-Woman in Business Law; to name a few and has several commendations to her name that vouch for her expertise.
Archana's comprehensive repertoire enables her to represent clients across all industries to advise on protection and prosecution across a number of business sectors. She has been involved in advising her clients on patent strategies and regulatory affairs, across disparate geographies ranging from India to USA, Europe, Japan and other key jurisdictions and has led to wins that are noteworthy in the history of Indian Jurisdiction. Her unique and innovative approach has led to her clients winning important claims of significant commercial value in the area of software, mechanics, electronics, automobiles, Life Sciences, biodiversity and many other dominant business sectors.
Archana Shanker is an active contributing member of various international bodies, such as the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI), the Federation Internationale des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle (FICPI). She has been elected the Vice President of FICPI, India. She is also the LES – Vice President North India. Archana regularly advises the government in Intellectual Property matters.
Archana is a regular speaker/panelist at national and international forums including LES, GIPC and many other prestigious forums; and is a contributor to India chapter of leading publications such as to Halsbury's Laws of India, Getting the Deal Through; Patents and Lifesciences,
Law Business Research-Life sciences Law Review, BNA'S- Finnegan- Global Patent Litigation Guide and more.
She also features on the editorial panel of LSIPR and her articles are regularly published in various leading industry focused specialized journals including such as Managing Intellectual Property, World Intellectual Property Review, Asia IP Magazine, IAM Magazine and others to be quoted. She is also the editor in chief for our in-house compilation 'Patents Rewind' and the blog.
Her recent awards and recognitions include:
• Managing Intellectual Property - IP Stars - Top 250 Women IP professionals; 2016, 2017 and 2018
• Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Law - World Intellectual Property Forum 2017 and 2018
• Managing Intellectual Property - IP Stars - Patents;2015, 2016 and 2017
• Chambers and Partners - Asia Pacific - Spotlight for Life Sciences, India; 2016, 2017 and 2018
• Expert Guides - Women in Business Law - Patents 2016, 2017 and 2018
• Who's Who Legal - Patents 2016, 2017 and 2018
• IAM Patent 1000 - Recommended Individuals: Prosecution 2016, 2017 & 2018
• Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2016, 2017 and 2018 - Intellectual Property
• Asia IP Experts 2015, 2016 and 2017 - Patents